Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Milestone post

According to my Blogger Dashboard, this will be post number 100! Triple digits, baby!

There's just something about round numbers I like I guess.

Well, not to beat a dead horse but the Wal-Mart comments continue to trickle in. But one by "crallspace" I found fascinating. I guess you can see by his blog where he comes from.

I suppose the Cliff Notes version of his comments is that I'm a selfish right-winger sheep who follows whatever Fox News and Rush say blindly.

Well, Dan, sonny boy, have I got news for you. I was conservative when Fox was only a movie studio, and the only Rush on the radio was "Tom Sawyer", "Red Barchetta", or "Working Man." While you were toddling along in preschool I was voting in my first presidental election. And I voted to re-elect Ronald Reagan, of course. Come on, Walter Mondale was going to raise taxes. He deserved to get his ass kicked in 49 states.

I'll proudly say I listen to Rush Limbaugh, since he agrees with me on most everything. He's a good source of opinion, but not the only one I look at. Here's a partial list of news/opinion blogs that I read on a fairly regular basis:

National: Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin, NewsBusters, Suitably Flip, WriteWingBlog.
Local: Delmarva Dealings, Duvafiles (aka "The Transchoptankia Gazette"), Fired Up! Maryland, Righting America, The Goldwater's Oracle.
Media: Baltimore Sun, (Salisbury) Daily Times, Washington Times.

I read both the Maryland GOP and Democrat websites - in fact, I read the Democrats' blog much more often. It's great blog material for me to comment on and set them straight. Same goes for Fired Up! Maryland (or as I call it, FU! Maryland.)

And, to keep my head on straight, I post frequently on the Detroit Tigers Fan Forum. I do agree with you on one thing Dan, the old red and blue White Sox uniforms were pretty cool. Glad to see a team that actually won its division (even though it was my Tigers' division) won a World Series.

Couple things for future reference. I'm doing some more serious checking into website hosts so soon I may be away from the clutches of Google.

And a post on FU! Maryland and a recent Maryland poll got me thinking about something. So I went and crunched a WHOLE LOT of numbers. It was fun, but I'm still trying to draw conclusions. Actually, I'm trying to figure out a way to write it without others' eyes glazing over. Stay tuned.