Monday, May 16, 2005

Like sausage, links!

Tonight's blog will be mercifully short, I want to get to bed at a decent time!

Did finally get to peruse some of the e-mail that piles up in my box (lots of baseball this weekend, so I didn't have a lot of reading time.)

Found some good commentaries from Thomas Sowell and Linda Chavez about topics I've recently expounded upon. Nice to know I'm agreed with for the most part. I really like Dr. Sowell and it's always nice to hear from him when Walter E. Williams ("black by popular demand") guest-hosts on Rush. Linda Chavez is a good labor columnist, although I do disagree with her on the subject of guest workers.

And my favorite Ohio politician got a write-up in Sunday's Cincinnati Enquirer. There's times I wish I was back in Ohio to support Ken Blackwell, and it's not a surprise to me he has a double-digit lead in early 2006 election polls (Ohio elects a new governor, Bob Taft is term-limited out.) I think Ohioans are sick to death of Governor Taft. I just hope they realize that electing a Democrat won't help any, most likely it would preserve the status quo. I remember back in 1998 I was already in Blackwell's camp, but the GOP hierarchy back then was solidly behind Taft and got Blackwell to take his current Secretary of State post. That was upsetting - I believe in contested primaries, may the best person win.

Another intriguing story occurred last Wednesday. See, I knew the creeps were out last week - just in time for Friday the 13th, George Soros came to Baltimore. He's looking for a $20 million match (to his $10 million) from Baltimore residents and friends to keep the Baltimore branch of the Open Society Institute open. And, knowing how liberal Baltimore is and how much slobbering the left does over anyone who hates Bush, he may get it...probably with some help from unsuspecting Maryland taxpayers.

Actually I found this out reading an unrelated story about USAID and needle exchange programs in Central Asia. You probably know that Soros is a drug legalizer from way back, so that wouldn't surprise me.

It's just more insanity in government. What else is new?