Monday, May 23, 2005

No deal!

I don't care what the Democrats say about all this...you know as well as I do that "extraordinary circumstances" will mean any potential judge who is pro-life, and if not, certainly any judge who is a minority that Bush tries to appoint.

Reading the late story in the Baltimore Sun as I speak... Bush damn well better not "consult" with any Democrats, we know what judges they'll want - the same crappy ones who pollute the Ninth Circuit, for example.

And now I know the 7 RINOs who are in my "Hall of Shame" for this effort to destroy our majority rights:
  • Lincoln Chaffee of Rhode Island...already knew he was a RINO.
  • Susan Collins of Maine...see above.
  • Mike DeWine of Ohio...I'm ashamed I went to his ice cream social in 2000. Of course, as I recall I did vote for the Libertarian that year; frankly it was because I knew he had the election in the bag. But he's really turned into a mushy moderate in term #2. I'll have to get off his mailing list.
  • Lindsey Graham of South Carolina...he used to be pretty good, I think he's lost his spine in his time in DC.
  • John McCain of Arizona...now that's a surprise :::as he drips with sarcasm::: . Anything to make Bush look bad and get himself some ink. The Democrats' "maverick" hero. He's really lucky he has 5 years to make Arizona voters forget this.
  • Olympia Snowe of Maine...see her Northeast liberal RINO friends above.
  • John Warner of Virginia...that one surprises me some, and boy does he look bad compared to his fellow Virginian George Allen. I don't think Allen would do this deal, he has some backbone still.
I look at this and wonder why the hell we worked to get a majority. Sure, we may get Pricilla Owen and Janice Rogers Brown on a couple appellate court seats, but if Bush nominates any of these folks to the Supreme Court, the bloodbath will reoccur. And I doubt the Democrats who run against any of those "Spineless Seven" on the ballot in 2006 or 2008 will bring up the fact that they voted for compromise, only that they are evil, nasty, right-wing extremist Republicans.

My early prediction is that Mike DeWine just signed his political death warrant by agreeing to this. This isn't going to be forgotten by Ohio voters in 2006. Graham and Warner may have enough time to repair the damage since they're not up until 2008. The others are either from blue states or want to run for President.

I guess I hope that the D's overplay their hand. Please, President Bush, nominate somebody like Roy Moore to the appellate court! Then we can see the D's for the lying sacks of shit they are.