Sunday, July 31, 2005

Feeling lonely

I feel pretty lonely tonight. If you look to the right on the blog, I attached the little blog map from feedmap.net. Cute idea. But apparently I'm the ONLY blogger here?

Actually, I know that there's another one around that I read regularly called Duvafiles. It's kind of the flip side to our paper, the Daily Times. But I suppose he doesn't want to map his out. I just figured it shows the bonafides, yes I do live on the Eastern Shore. (The Crossroads of Delmarva.)

Did start looking into a couple changes for the site, hopefully the Feedmap will carry over when I do make them.

I have a quick take on something I read on the Daily Times website. Actually it goes with a companion article as well. I have no problems with people coming to this country to work if it's done in a legal fashion.

Apparently, immigrants are victims of crime out of proportion to their numbers. And I can vouch for them carrying a lot of cash - many's the time I'm behind them in line at Wal-Mart and they'll roll out a large wad of bills to pay. And they shop in groups, so there's generally a large order in front of me.

Guess the problem is that the police will neither crack down on the criminals who steal from these folks or the fact that the victims may also be here illegally. We need a little of both. If someone wants to come here and work, let them do it the right way. Might make employment a little tight around here for a short time, but a free market will make the necessary corrections.