Saturday, July 02, 2005

Off the cuff message

I just visited americasupportsyou.mil for the first time. It's cool to know that we can do something with some immediacy to support our troops, if only a note of support. Here's mine:

Keep up the good fight. On our upcoming Independence Day, we think of you as you support fledgling causes for independence from the former tyrannies in Afghanistan and Iraq.

I know you don't get a lot of good news over there, but trust that America does support you more than you know. Some of us are trying to get the good news out about what's really happening there.


We hope and pray your job will be done sooner rather than later, but I know we intend to do the job right as Americans are known to do.

take care and best wishes,

M.S.

It's an excellent website. Truly something that I don't mind a few dollars of my tax money going to, as opposed to something like PBS. (Their whining makes me puke, at least figuratively.)