Sunday, August 14, 2005

A quick hat tip

Just wanted to put out a shout to Dawn at WriteWingBlog...she cited my research into Google that I did back in July. (Look in the archives for the post of mine in question, the post is called "For a few dollars more...") She was kind enough to help me in my research.

And an entertainment tip for those of you on the Eastern Shore...went to Delaware International Speedway tonight and enjoyed the racing. It's a good way to spend a Saturday night - if you don't mind loud (!) cars. Just bring a cushion for the bleachers. Makes me smile to think how the environmentalist wackos would absolutely hate the needless fuel consumption and the thousands of gallons of water "wasted" on the track (since it's a 1/2 mile clay oval, the watering keeps the dust down.) One of those things I'd always wanted to do, and it's done.

Last week was a good week for me in the Patriot, got a quote from the SEIU head in there and they also used my short article on Karl Rove's fundraiser here in Maryland. Maybe more this coming week; however, I may not find out until next weekend, because...

...after Monday night, I'm going on vacation for the rest of the week. Going out to Missouri to see family I haven't seen in about 3 years and haven't been to their homes since 1994. So I'm looking forward to the trip and catching the Cards at the soon-to-be-replaced Busch Stadium.

Thus, most likely a post Monday night and a week or so off. Then I'm making some exciting changes, I spoke to someone last week about doing this and it sounds doable. But it'll wait until after I come back.