Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Westward ho!




One last post for the week until I get back here from the great Midwest.

Had a great night tonight at the ballgame (except for us losing.) Two things stick out as you'll see by the pix. The top picture is the ball I purchased to help out the Ripken Foundation. For $10 I had a chance to get a ball autographed by a member of the Shorebirds, by Billy Ripken (who was at the game signing), or Cal Ripken, Jr. There were 360 balls and I know Junior only signed a few. Just happened to pick right, then had Billy sign the ball as well.

What I didn't get signed was anything by Governor Ehrlich, who had some words for the crowd (bottom picture) then threw out the first pitch (along with Billy Ripken.) A very popular guy, he had a good ovation when he was introduced. Probably could have gotten an autograph from him if I wanted it since he walked up my aisle to get to his seat but chose not to. I wasn't really there to talk politics, I was there to enjoy the game!

I save the politics for this space, which means for the next few days that the only people who will be privy to my political leanings will be my relatives, who should be interesting since they lean the same as me, maybe even more libertarian.

But when I get back, I'll catch up on reading and be ready for the routine again.